IBF Investigations is committed to the protection of your personal information.
What Information do we collect and how do we use it ?
When you book time with us we need to know information such as your name, address, contact numbers and email address. In addition, we may require other information from/about you.
We also use the information we collect for purposes other than those specified above if:
- you would reasonably expect us to use the personal information for that other purpose, and
- that other purpose is related to the purposes specified above, for example, to enable us to contact you about:
- changes to charter times, itineraries or costs;
- If we wish to use any of your personal information for any other purpose other than those specified above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so.
However, there are specific circumstances where we are allowed to, for example:
- where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- where we suspect that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and use the personal information, information or data to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or
- the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law. These uses may include where we are required to provide information in response to subpoenas or warrants or other legal processes.
Who controls your Personal Information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered by us is stored securely by us and is only accessed by authorised staff for the purposes intended.
Disclosure of your Personal Information
We respect your privacy and take it seriously. As such, the information we collect from you is strictly confidential. We will not reveal, disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass that information on to any third parties.
We may disclose the personal information, other information or data we collect from you for the purpose specified to you at the time of collection or for another purpose if:
- you would reasonably expect us to disclose it for that purpose; and
- that purpose is related to the purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
If we wish to disclose any of this personal information, information or data other than as set out above, we will not do so unless we have your express consent to do so.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties without your consent, except:
where there are reasonable grounds to believe that disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health;
- where IBF Investigations suspects that unlawful activity is or has been engaged in and uses the personal information, information or data to investigate the suspected unlawful activity; or,
- the use is authorised by law or reasonably necessary to enforce the law.
These uses may include where IBF Investigations is required to provide information in response to subpoenas or warrants or other legal process.
Security of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable precautions to ensure that all information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment and accessed only by authorised persons.
It is important to bear in mind that, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure. While we endeavor to protect your personal information from misuse and loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us or receive from us. These activities are conducted at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security.
Our employees and contractors will have access to your personal information to a level that is necessary to enable them to undertake the service requested by you. They are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us and are bound by the National Privacy Principals Act to do so.
At IBF Investigations, we are committed to protecting your privacy. As such, you can be assured that any personal information provided to us will be secure, will only be accessed by those authorised to do so, will be used only for the purposes intended, and will be destroyed once the provision of services to you is complete, all in accordance with the National Privacy Principals.
Resolving your privacy issues
Additional Privacy Information
For information on the National Privacy Principals you can visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at www.privacy.gov.au.